SPC 1017 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Chronemics, Inside Amy Schumer, Paralanguage

25 views4 pages

Document Summary

The rules the guide verbal communication: constitutive. Things that are socially acceptable to talk about. Telling you when something is ending or coming to an end: communication is an endless cycle. They have abilities and power: they define. That bald guy liberal conservative : they evaluate. Are not neutral, always meaning behind what is said. Hypothetical thought: thinking about the future, language is only thing that allows this. Enhancing verbal communication: even though someone"s opinion is different you try to see it from their point of view. You" vs i" language chart: you" language is a lot easier for us, people are less likely to fix or work harder if you use the you" language. All aspects from communications except the words themselves: surround the words. How you present yourself: i. e. clothes, makeup, hair ex. (video) Nonverbal: similarities & differences, ex. emoji"s when we text. Liking: do you like the person you are communicating with, i. e. holding hands, kiss.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers