16 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
NAME: Jenna Wyns SPEECH TITLE: Introductory speech
GENERAL PURPOSE: to inform
SPECIFIC PURPOSE: to inform the audience about me
The future, the past and the present. Time goes by without realizing how fast it goes. Days turn
in to weeks, weeks turn in to months and months into years. You were in high school and before
you know it you’re a senior in college. Life is floating by like a high speed train and sometimes
you just have to stand still for a moment. Take a deep breath and reflect on where you come
from, where you are and where you want to go. My name is Jenna and today I will take you to
my moment of standing still. Let’s take a deep breath.
My past. I grew up in a small village in Belgium and from the moment I was able to move, I was
moving. I was an active child and after my two older brothers joined the track club, I wanted to
do that too. I had to wait till my 6th birthday. When that moment came, I put on my little running
shoes and I took my first steps in the running world. And yes, I have been running since.
This may sound like a good commercial or for others like a pain in the ass. I can tell you that it
hasn’t always been that easy. From little injuries to years of struggling. From having the flu to
having the thought of having the chronic fatigue syndrome. From dropping out of college to
going on a gluten and dairy free diet and starting all over again.
This brings me to the present, because I’m in college again right.
That my running shoes, which I have been waving with through this speech, are my object is
quite obvious I think. They have been taking me on a great journey throughout my life.
Travelling to different countries, meeting awesome people, leaning more about myself, they have
given me opportunities, which I wouldn’t have had without them. I’m standing here right now,
because of them. The track and field head coach recruited me all the way from little Belgium. It
hasn’t been easy the past years here. You’re away from your family for months, your sport is the
reason you’re here and then you get injured, you have to make decisions which can change your
whole life, but I can say that I haven’t regret this decision at all.
This brings us the future, as I’m a senior in college. Running has given me so much more than I
thought it would do. It gave me experiences, life lessons and it made me the person who I am
right now. I don’t know here the future will bring me, but I’m sure my shoes will show me the
way.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Specific purpose: to inform the audience about me. Time goes by without realizing how fast it goes. Days turn in to weeks, weeks turn in to months and months into years. You were in high school and before you know it you"re a senior in college. Life is floating by like a high speed train and sometimes you just have to stand still for a moment. Take a deep breath and reflect on where you come from, where you are and where you want to go. My name is jenna and today i will take you to my moment of standing still. I grew up in a small village in belgium and from the moment i was able to move, i was moving. I was an active child and after my two older brothers joined the track club, i wanted to do that too. I had to wait till my 6th birthday.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers