ACC 442 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Swim Lane, Flowchart, Business Process

64 views3 pages
18 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
T/F: Process mapping is primarily used to model relational databases.
FALSE
T/F: When collecting information for a process map, the one-on-one interview method is generally
preferred over the group interview method.
FALSE
The process map is also known as a ________________ or _______________.
Cross-functional flowchart, swimlane
The _______________ event is the point in which the customer is first involved in the process.
Trigger
___________________ is responsible for the proper completion of process steps and has authority over
the process, its interfaces, and changes that will take place.
Process owner
What are the benefits of process mapping?
• Plaig fo the ERP sste  defiig the "as is" usiess poess ad laifig the hages
necessary to transform the current process into a more efficient, streamlined "to be" process
• Deteiig hethe "as is" easues of pefoae ae appopiate ad potetiall deelopig e
performance measures for the "to be" process.
• Idetifig esposile parties, the points in the process at which they are involved, and their impact
on upstream and downstream activities
• Highlightig okflo ieffiieies suh as ottleeks, eessie hadoffs, dupliate ok, ad
unproductive utilization of resources.
• Udestadig hee iteal otols ae i the poess o ditatig hee the should e.
• Oietig ad taiig e eploees o etaiig eistig eploees.
• Seig as a itegal pat of the opa's poliies ad poedues douetatio.
What steps are involved in creating a process map?
1. Have a defined purpose for mapping a process and explain it to those participating.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

T/f: process mapping is primarily used to model relational databases. T/f: when collecting information for a process map, the one-on-one interview method is generally preferred over the group interview method. The process map is also known as a ________________ or _______________. The _______________ event is the point in which the customer is first involved in the process. ___________________ is responsible for the proper completion of process steps and has authority over the process, its interfaces, and changes that will take place. What steps are involved in creating a process map: have a defined purpose for mapping a process and explain it to those participating, identify the scope (beginning and ending) of the process. Avoid the mistake of making the scope too broad. Label the scope of the process at the top of each page: agree on the level of detail to be displayed, determine the roles participating in the process.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers