ENG 181 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Greek Mythology, On Fairy-Stories, Sir Orfeo

58 views3 pages
27 Jul 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

For the genre analysis paper, i wrote in a more analytical and literary manner. I wrote as an onlooker viewing a greater issue. However, i felt that i had a greater role in the fairytale story because i was truly creating everything from scratch; it was exploratory rather than thesis- driven. You are the same author for both genres, you are the creator spreading your ideas. Golden key- george mcdonald: george mcdonald lived through victorian era and wrote this at a time that was (generally) in between the fairytale and fantasy genre. The victorians were interested in looking into the past and turning them into new ideas. Mcdonald is a foundational writer in this transition from old to new. Is it a fairytale: crosses into fairyland, many fantastic elements. Is it just fantasy: does(cid:374)"t start (cid:449)ith (cid:862)o(cid:374)(cid:272)e upo(cid:374) a ti(cid:373)e(cid:863) More unclear but (cid:272)ould (cid:271)e (cid:862)do(cid:374)"t gi(cid:448)e up(cid:863: following auden there is no obvious moral.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers