PSY 433 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Behavioral Neuroscience, Neuroanatomy, Neurophysiology

7 views3 pages

Document Summary

Prescribing drugs is a very serious and delicate subject, as my colleague antonio and i debated last month on the question of whether there is over-medication. In the united states, this is an issue that has been discussed for many years and that even gave rise to the psychopharmacology. Demonstration project in 1989, which allowed 10 psychologists to train within the army to be able to prescribe. There are currently two states in the us that allow psychologists to prescribe. There is a tendency to think that all health professionals can issue a prescription so much that even television programs confuse the competencies of different professionals. An example is a well- known series on tele5, in which a psychologist gives pills to a patient, something that she should never do since she lacks the appropriate training and skills. Are psychologists trained to prescribe drugs: to this question my answer is partially yes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers