AJ 014 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Prefrontal Cortex, 5 Fingers, Retributive Justice

8 views3 pages

Document Summary

You can eat this marshmallow while i"m gone, but if you wait i will give you another one. (5 year old kids) This shows us that willpower is more about distraction. The ones that lasted longer have less aggression, higher sat scores, Kids with the impulse control; for the kids who ate the marshmallow when they wanted 2, more likely to be a violent adult. For those who could not wait, we can predict their crime. In contrast, the kids that thought i could eat 2 but i want to do 1 right now, were more likely to commit property crime (larsen, battery, rape, assault) Also impairs nutrition and function of the pre-frontal cortex. When a child is food insecure that impacts their learning and memory. By the age of 5, the lower their socioeconomic status is (poverty), the higher base level and more active the glucocorticoids is. Poverty is affecting emotional regulation, impulse control, executive decision making.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers