SPE 323 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Dependent And Independent Variables, Confounding, Statistical Significance

36 views5 pages
29 Apr 2019
School
Course

Document Summary

Dependent variable: student behavior you want to change. Independent variable: teacher intervention being used to change behavior. Functional relationship: proof that dependent var. (student behavior) changes from manipulation of independent var. (teacher intervention) Confounding variable: alternate explanation for why kid isnt responding to intervention. Ex- good student does bad when theyre sick. To increase compliance in vocational settings by implementing a token reinforcement system. Use picture prompts with students with severe disabilities to increase instruction-following skills. Students will increase their organizational skills by outlining their daily activities on a schedule checklist for six weeks. The use of graduated guidance will enable the student to eventually feed himself. Increase reading skills by two grade levels following instruction using the i"m a better reader program in combination with time delay. D: increase reading skills by two grade levels. I: using the i"m a better reader program with time delay. Implement a response cost system for verbal outburst.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers