REL 334 Lecture 2: chapter 2 discussion notes

93 views1 pages
23 Jul 2018
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Universality, irreversibly, non-functionality, and causality are the four characteristics of mature concept of death. Universality is all living things must eventually die. Organisms that die cannot be made alive again. Non-functionality is death involves the cessation of all physiological functioning. All life-defining bodily functions and capabilities cease at death. Finally, casualty is that there are biological reasons for the occurrence of death. This component includes a recognition of both internal and external causes of death: give some examples of how early experiences with death can shape an individual"s later view of death. If a person experiences death at an early age, it can better teach a person how to react later in life when it occurs again. As someone who experienced death at a young age when losing my cousin, i saw things differently. After this experience i then realized that death wasn"t always what happened to old people and i appreciated those around me a little bit better.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers