CAS PS 544 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Fokker E.Ii, Social Environment, Phenotype

15 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ne/ps 544: nature and nurture: nature: biological endowment, genes, genetic inheritance, nurture: physical and social environment everything that happens that is not genes, 20th century: dualism, nature vs. nurture c. i. Dualism: division of something conceptually into two opposed or contrasted aspect or state of being so divided: how do you get from genotype to phenotype? d. i. Phenotype: how you look physically and behave d. i. 1. All probabilistic not deterministic: norm of reaction: pattern of possibly phenotypic expression across a range of environmnets e. i. Ex: iq spread and the more enriched environment leads to higher position on norm of reaction e. ii. If everything goes great in environment, you tend to be at the top of the norm of reaction (genes take main role) e. iii. If you don"t have every environmental advantage, near end of potential range e. iv. Where we fall in our own possible range is based on our environment e. v. You cannot turn any given baby into a rocket scientist e. vi.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers