CAS PS 211 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Peripheral Nervous System, Limbic System, Homeostasis

31 views3 pages

Document Summary

Peripheral nervous system (pns, composed of all neurons forming nerve fibers that connect the cns to the body, function: b. i. b. ii. Pns has to provide the cns with information from sensory receptors. Relay commands from the brain to the body"s organs and muscles: composed of two sets of nerve fibers: c. i. Somatic nervous system voluntary muscles/ processes c. i. 1. c. i. 2. regulates the actions of the body"s skeletal muscles. Autonomic nervous system involuntary body functions c. ii. 1. Must work when you are asleep, sustains life processes during anesthesia and prolonged coma states c. ii. 3. Sympathetic fight or flight controls responses in an emergency or stressful situation c. ii. 3. a. i. Calming down, monitors routine operation of body"s internal functions c. ii. 3. b. ii. Medulla located at the very top of the spinal chord a. i. 1. a. controls breathing, blood pressure, beating of the heart a. i. 1. b. Reticular formation dense network of nerve cells a. i. 3. a. Relays (sensory) information to appropriate area of cerebral cortex a. i. 5.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers