HIST 1088 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Balanced Budget, Neoliberalism, World Trade Organization

34 views2 pages
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

3 effects of the end of the cold war. Increased pace of globalization: search for a new international order, rise of non-state actors in the world. Argument: globalization as a process was extremely uneven in its benefits. While it increased access to goods and markets, it also increased gaps globally between rich and poor: globalization: the triumph of capitalism, neoliberalism a. i. Departure from welfare state policies: neoliberalism goes global b. i. Factors: prospect of free trade zone with us b. iii. Lending conditions set by imf, world bank: global markets c. i. Set up shop wherever labor is cheap, regulations lax and taxes low c. ii. Integration through technology and migration: technological innovations a. i. India: source of cheap labor and consumers: global labor markets c. i. Movement from developing countries to developed countries c. iv. Most unskilled, fleeing poverty: anti-globalization: the triumph of inequality, what were the results/consequences of accelerated globalization in 1990s? a. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers