APSY2242 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: John Bowlby, Prenatal Care, Emerging Adulthood And Early Adulthood

23 views6 pages

Document Summary

I"m 95 what is my legacy: my family, people i impacted through daily life and through work that i did. Making meaning out of death: organization of time. Thinking of the rest of your life as the time until death : death as punishment. Association with sin: death as loss. Loss of functioning, relationships, time, loved ones: death as a transition. To an afterlife or nothing, body to another state. Death anxiety: a fear of dying, most prevalent in middle age, higher level in women, feel like they haven"t been able to resolve certain things, finitude preparing yourself for your own death. Creating a will, estate plan, living will, becoming an organ donor. Death and mourning over death have always been a part of the human experience: differs from culture to culture. Pretend it"s not real you"re lying: anger. Trying to make a deal to somehow live longer: depression. Emotional turmoil: acceptance, also, known as the stages of grief.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers