FCFC 275 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Fokker E.Ii, Moral Development

65 views3 pages

Document Summary

Fcs 275: moral development, suzzo (2007): parents" goals & values. In the united states, parents from european, asian, hispanic and african ethnic groups all place far greater importance on caring than achievement a. ii. Benevolence and prosocial: understanding, appreciation, tolerance for the welfare of all people and nature a. iii. Agency and self-direction: openness to change, choosing, creating, exploring excitement, novelty, challenge in life: moral development b. i. By age 2, children"s feelings triggered right and wrong: to reinforce the right behavior, what parents should do, warneken et al. (2008) d. i. 20 month old children assigned into 2 group d. i. 1. Praise condition: ra said to the child that"s really nice d. ii. In the following-up test, children in the reward condition were less likely to engage in further help d. iii. Overjustification effect: even the earliest helping behaviors of young children are intrinsically motivated and that socialization practices involving externally motivated can undermine this tendency: praise the child or action? (grusec & redler, 1980) e. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers