PSYC 2130 Lecture 2: Lecture 2- personality

105 views5 pages
16 Oct 2018
Department
Course

Document Summary

Social cognitive: reciprocal determinism i shape the world, the world shapes me. Heredity (biology), environment, or some combination of the two. Two interacting factors: scientific study of personality attempts to describe, predict, control and explain individual differences. Ex. how do i raise my kid so he turns out like that? (looks for the outcome) Observing individuals and looks for repeated habits (i know what they do) The body reveals what the mind denies: it is a casual force that influences thought and action. Definition and theory serves four functions: to organize and provide clarity to observations, to explain causes so that prediction may occur, to provide understanding of origins of p. (origins of personality, how did i come to be?: to generate new ideas and research. Theoretical constructs: linguistic-conceptual inventions that assist in explanation: ex. ego, anxiety, achievement, motivation, internal-external locus of control (origins and pawns) Function of constructs: to tie together and organize relationships among observations.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers