PSYC 1010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Representativeness Heuristic, Conjunction Fallacy, Functional Fixedness

22 views2 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

I think therefore i am descartes cognitive perspective for the subject of well being. Authority: e. g. we know who sir john a. macdonald is because of textbooks, the authors are authority. Reason considered by renaissance scholars to be the most reliable source of knowledge. Observation: basis for empirical knowledge, i believe it because i can see it . Cognitive psychologist: studying reasoning, judgements, decision making and problem solving. Reasoning: deductive: drawing a conclusion that follows logically from two or more statements or premises. If one of the statements is false, then the conclusion must be false. E. g. premise 1: all women have cognition. Invalid conclusions: conclusions must follow logically from 2 or more premises to be valid. E. g. premise 1: some women are intelligent beings. Belief bias effect: we tend to judge as true those conclusions with which we agree and as untrue with what we disagree. We seek information that supports our beliefs.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers