HRM 4410 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Mobile Device, Southwest Airlines, Code Division Multiple Access

84 views8 pages

Document Summary

Hrm 4410 strategic human resources management talent management: matching. Once you have a growth vision, the next step in the architecture is to invest in technical know-how that is consistent with this direction. This involves assessing the major opportunities in your industry and market; designing your unique business strategy to realize your vision; and then aligning your o(cid:396)ga(cid:374)izatio(cid:374)"s core competencies, that is technical know-how embedded in functional areas to this strategy. Core competencies: put your resources where your strategy is. The core competencies are functional areas of expertise within an organization (as opposed to its social or cultural norms). Originally, the concept of competence focused on individual knowledge and behaviours. In the 1930s the hay group explored competence focused on individual in three domains (know-how, problem sol(cid:448)i(cid:374)g, a(cid:374)d a(cid:272)(cid:272)ou(cid:374)ta(cid:271)ility) as (cid:449)ay to dete(cid:396)(cid:373)i(cid:374)e the (cid:396)elati(cid:448)e (cid:448)alue of a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s (cid:272)o(cid:374)tribution. Hay points are calculated based on how much an individual employee accomplishes in each domain.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers