HLST 2040 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Electronic Health Record, Computerized Physician Order Entry, Decision Support System

43 views1 pages

Document Summary

An ehr is a health-related electronic record of an individual that is created, managed and consulted by authorized clinicians and staff of multiple health organizations. I"m going to talk about the interesting points i learnt about the ehr and how it impacts. Firstly, i learned that the her system has a feature that can process order for medication, lab tests and other diagnostics tests. Computerized physician order entry, otherwise known as cpoe. Cpoe has the potential to reduce medical errors. Although, errors are not a very common thing in the medical field, it is still good to know that we can still reduce the risk of it happening. On the topic of cpoe, i picked up that the cpoe, has a tool that can help with decision making. This software is known as a clinical decision support system (cdss). It can help educate patients, give reminders, provide public health alerts and so much more than that.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers