ECON 3411 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Economic Equilibrium, Equilibrium Point, Demand Curve

50 views5 pages
27 Jul 2015
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

This chapter explain six principal variables that determine the quantity demanded of a good. Derive a direct demand function from a general demand function. Distinguish between changes in quantity demanded (i. e. , a movement along demand) and changes in demand (i. e. , a shift in the demand curve) Work with three different types of supply relations: general, direct, and inverse supply functions. List six principal variables that determine the quantity supplied of a good. Distinguish between changes in quantity supplied (i. e. , a movement along supply) and changes in supply (i. e. , a shift in the supply curve) Explain why market equilibrium occurs at the price for which quantity demanded equals quantity supplied (i. e. , neither excess demand nor excess supply exist). Employ the concepts of consumer surplus, producer surplus, and social surplus to measure the gains to society from market exchange between buyers and sellers.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers