BIOL 3110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Acetyl Group, Mitosis, Histone Acetyltransferase

88 views11 pages
10 Nov 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Dna replication strategies: class i: dsdna, mainly use central dogma, class ii: ssdna (ssdna -> dsdna -> central dogma) Polyoma virus: (a class i: eg, sv40, has circular dsdna, 5. 1 kbp that makes 5 proteins (holds maximum amount of information, over 90% of the genome is expressed as rna, it uses alternative splicing. The (cid:448)irus does(cid:374)"t (cid:449)a(cid:374)t the(cid:373), so it i(cid:374)a(cid:272)ti(cid:448)ates the(cid:373) which makes the cell go to the s phase (cellular transformation): the virus can cause cancer but not usually in humans. It is efficient because most of the genome is expressed, few proteins, early and late functions: the cell provides: histones, dna and rna synthesis machinery, the proteins are multifunctional (they have more than one function) It has multiple uses for the same dna sequence by alternative splicing. Adenovirus: a medium virus, linear, dsdna, 40kbp genome. It can code for 30-40 genes, it expresses immediate early, early and late genes (it is larger and more complex than sv40)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers