Pharmacology 3620 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Knockout Mouse, Pharmaceutical Industry, Phenobarbital

150 views7 pages

Document Summary

Abnormal anxiety: inappropriate behaviour in response to threats that are either not real or the behaviour is disproportionate to the situation: to date there is no well defined neurobiological correlate to anxiety. Our knowledge of it is derives from successful and failed therapeutics. Panic disorder: (cid:1009)(cid:1004) a(cid:374)d (cid:1010)(cid:1004)"s = debate whether this disorder is part of continuum of schizophrenic symptoms (to be covered soon). i. e. paranoid delusions: several lines of evidence suggested that this is not so. The primary being that: antipsychotics have little or no effect. As a result, the brain will think that the body is not breathing & that the body is suffocating. Thus, again there is a difficult classification distinction here: social phobia may be very specific i. e. the person is fearful of only specific situations where an overpowering aversion is triggered. i. e. like (cid:373)eeti(cid:374)g o(cid:374)e"s i(cid:374)-laws.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers