PSYC 208 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Mission Dolores Park, Episodic Memory, Temporal Lobe

19 views2 pages
18 Dec 2015
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Remember the who, when, where some knowledge, but don"t recall the details familiarity, sometimes referred to as knowing . My cousin introduced me to his friend john last saturday as dolores park. we. Ive seen this person before, but i can"t remember when or where. we have past events (tulving, 1972) involved recollection not just familiarity recollection, sometimes referred to as remembering . Episodic memory is the capacity to form and retrieve conscious memories of specific. H. m. : a case study of amnesia (milner, 1957) Surgical removal of bilateral hippocampus and surrounding cortex. Severe new learning deficit (anterograde amnesia) unable to create new declarative. Some loss of events 1-3 years prior to surgery (retrograde amnesia) intact iq, language, attention, knowledge base, childhood memories. An intricate structure that has been highly conserved over mammalian evolution. Binding multi-sensory inputs into coherent memories by coordinating the activity of. Damage to the hippocampus or to input/output pathways of hippocampus produces.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers