EOSC 118 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Evalyn Walsh Mclean, George Iv Of The United Kingdom, Cullinan Diamond

80 views7 pages

Document Summary

List examples of valuable historic gemstones and their quality, size, colour, any special features, and geographic origin: describe the historic significance and current value of famous gemstones, summarize the history of the koh-i-noor diamond and mogul emerald. Identify common geographic origins for historic and magnificent diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. Koh-i-noor diamond (mountain of light) was cut by queen victoria into a more. Koh i noor brilliant stone but lost about 90 carats. 2 plaster replicas were made from a mold of the precut diamond. Another replica made from cubic zirconia was made of the post-cut diamond based off of computer establishing. History of the koh-i-noor is not precise. Currently the diamond is on the crown. Believed to have come from india"s golconda region. First went on display at the great exhibition in london in 1851. Next year, prince albert gave it to garrad & co for recutting which took 38 days.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers