PD12 Lecture 3: Unit 3 assignment

123 views1 pages
Unit 3 assignment
When I first started working as a finance co-op for a edial opay, I did’t ko
about the double layered accounting costing system that they have implemented. The reason
of having a double layered costing system is so that while one layer is on a daily basis for cost
updates, the other layer stays untouched until the year end. Thus, all adjustments are limited to
just one layer, and the final results will be updated to the other. While this is an efficient and
effective method, it was unknown to me. As I was working on the reporting files, I accidently
updated both layers of the costing system. Luckily, this mistake was caught early as my
supervisor walked by and quickly checked on my work. Now looking back to it, if I had
continuously worked with that error ithout ayoe otiig, it ould’e rought serious
trouble to us when we reach our fiscal period. We would then have to spend time adjusting the
seod layer ad aktrak o all of the hages I’e ade i the syste. It ight ee result i
people akig ore istakes due to ofusio, ad it’ll e a aste of tie ad effort oerall. It
could even potentially slow down the whole company as it would have a chain reaction to the
work of the other departments. From this mistake, I learned to keep a questioning mind
towards every unknown detail no matter how minor. I will have a complete grasp of all
necessary knowledge before I decide to executive any of my future tasks in order to keep the
operations smooth and accurate.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

When i first started working as a finance co-op for a (cid:373)edi(cid:272)al (cid:272)o(cid:373)pa(cid:374)y, i did(cid:374)"t k(cid:374)o(cid:449) about the double layered accounting costing system that they have implemented. The reason of having a double layered costing system is so that while one layer is on a daily basis for cost updates, the other layer stays untouched until the year end. Thus, all adjustments are limited to just one layer, and the final results will be updated to the other. While this is an efficient and effective method, it was unknown to me. As i was working on the reporting files, i accidently updated both layers of the costing system. Luckily, this mistake was caught early as my supervisor walked by and quickly checked on my work. Now looking back to it, if i had continuously worked with that error (cid:449)ithout a(cid:374)yo(cid:374)e (cid:374)oti(cid:272)i(cid:374)g, it (cid:449)ould"(cid:448)e (cid:271)rought serious trouble to us when we reach our fiscal period.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers