KIN354 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Social Loafing, Group Cohesiveness, Social Facilitation

48 views4 pages

Document Summary

Kin 217 lecture 6: social influences: related concepts. Social facilitation: when the presence of others facilitates performance. Social loafing: when an individual reduces effort expended in the presence of other team members (i. e. , dilution of individual effort due to presence of others). Superstar player on a team carrying the team. Less effort exerted by other players: define group cohesion. Cohesio(cid:374) is the glue that holds a tea(cid:373) togethe(cid:396) it is (cid:271)oth so(cid:272)ial a(cid:374)d task o(cid:396)ie(cid:374)ted. Task: we all coordinate well to score and social features: we like socializing together. Tasks: i like the job i do on the team and social features: i feel positive emotions about my team. Group integartion -task: perceptions of the similiary, closeness and boonding within the group as a whole. Ex: our team is united in trying to reach goals. Group integration so(cid:272)ial: (cid:862)feeli(cid:374)gs a(cid:271)out the si(cid:373)ila(cid:396)it(cid:455) a(cid:374)d u(cid:374)ifi(cid:272)atio(cid:374) of the g(cid:396)oup as a so(cid:272)ial u(cid:374)it. (cid:863) .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers