BET430 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Risk Aversion, Etiquette In Technology

40 views2 pages

Document Summary

Communication: is 7% verbal, 38% tone of voice, and 55% non -verbal. Watch for signs that you are too close for compfort. Dress as professional: you only get one chance to make a good first impression. It is better to over -dress than under-dress. Mirroring: consciously trying to appear similar to prospect can increase comfort levels. Barriers to communication: differences in perception, buyer does not recognize a need for product, complacency, risk aversion, selling pressure, information overload, disorganized sales presentation, distractions, poor listening, not adapting to buyer"s style. Ask questions (probing) to determine buyer"s attitude. Use phrases like i see what you mean and i can"t picture that . Kinesthetic learners: want to touch and physically manipulate things. They use language like i understand the key features and can i try it? . Place product if their hands if possible. They use words like i hear you and that sounds goods . Use conversation to engage rather than pictures.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers