PSYC 3450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Trait Theory, Match.Com, Diana Baumrind

21 views18 pages

Document Summary

Gives us review questions at the beginning of courses; will re-appear on exams. End points: implies growth, maturity, progress and expanding intelligence towards some goals; paths go somewhere: psychosexual maturity, formal operations, principled moral reasoning, wisdom. Stages/levels: distinct times in life: capacity for sexual response in present from birth; likely undifferentiated from other forms of pleasure vs pubertal stage of sexuality. Infantile pelvic thrust presumably means something quite different to the infant. Stage-salient issues; teen/early adulthood = vocational identity and sexual/romantic relationships: each stage has its own unique learning (i. e. masturbation, each stage has its own unique learning (i. e. masturbation) i. e. if you"re experiencing genital pleasure, continue to do so. Intelligence involves the integration of the four components. Sexual identity: understand oneself sexually, develop interpersonal sexual skills and integrity, accurate scientific knowledge to enhance pleasure and protect knowledge, critical consideration of broader sociocultural context (emergency contraception.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers