PSYC 2450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Binoculars, Learned Helplessness, Schizophrenia

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

Development of the self and social cognition - Level 2: (cid:498)i can self(cid:499) level 2: (cid:498)i can self(cid:499) development of self. Briefly describe level --- (eg 4 present self) of self development. Be sure to describe the competencies at that stage along with what child behaviour (or test) would indicate the presence/absence of this level of self development. Meltzoff(cid:495)s baby is very (cid:498)advanced(cid:499) assumes the newborn has a (cid:498)body(cid:499) (a sense of himself as an object to be compared with the. Babies do perceive : and differentiate himself from those objects ((cid:494)defensive looming(cid:499), infants will blink at 2 weeks at a looming object object mimicked) Level 1: ecological self within weeks: a world of real objects. Level 4: present self: can now speak, emergence of i, self-awareness brings self-conscious emotions, not a sense of self that we have (i. e. that we have as 19 year olds)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers