FRHD 2270 Lecture Notes - Lecture 24: Emotion Classification, Display Rules, John Bowlby

18 views12 pages

Document Summary

Use research/evidence to support importance of age group to look at certain area of development. Differ in which emotional expression is encouraged. Examples: us preschoolers more likely to express anger during interpersonal conflicts than. Japanese preschoolers: asian children who practice buddhism rarely respond with anger because it goes against their beliefs of kindness to all people. Also differ in events that trigger emotions: specifically complex emotions. Examples: north american elementary school children show pride for personal achievements (i. e. high mark on a test, asian elementary school children are embarrassed by public displays of individual achievement, but show pride when entire class is honoured. Strategies we use to adjust the duration and intensity of emotional reactions. Frhd 2270 week 8: emotional development: rely on mental strategies (i. e. disappointment over a gift, match regulation strategy with particular setting faced with unavoidable emotional situations, children adjust to the situation (i. e. dentist appointment)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers