FRHD 2110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Heritability, Selective Breeding, Heredity

9 views3 pages

Document Summary

Culture: broad term reflects wide range of beliefs, practices and attitudes. Children bring elements of their culture to the classroom (i. e. socialization patterns, social mores, modes of communication, etc. ) Elements of a culture: values and typical behaviour, languages of dialects, nonverbal communication i. e. nod for yes, awareness of one"s cultural identity, world views or general perspectives. Provide equal education opportunities for students regardless of their gender, social class, ethnicity, race, exceptionality or other identity. Tailor to unique strengths and needs of each child who is exceptional. A group that has beliefs and behaviours that are different from the main groups within a culture or society (m-w dictionary) An ethnic, regional, economic, or social group exhibiting characteristic patterns of behaviour sufficient to distinguish it from others within an embracing culture of society i. e. a criminal subculture. Native language emphasis (mainly taught in native language) Sheltered english approach (taught in english at a level commensurate with need)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers