CIS 3250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Pair Programming, Cognitive Bias, Communication

24 views3 pages

Document Summary

Teamwork basics and working in teams: types of teams, team meetings, team formation, teamwork requirements, and team member contributions, smith ch 3, ch12, communication skills video. Collaborative construction: pair programming, inspections, informal reviews (walkthroughs, mcconnel ch 21. Team diversity: bias, respect, humility, having difficult conversations, mcconnell ch 33, bias video. Communication and coordination skills and tools: teamwork and communication skills, collaboration requirements and tools, smith ch 4. Theory of effective (learning) teams: social interdependence. Other techniques (purpose, roles/responsibilities/procedure, benefits: walkthroughs and code reviews. Bias, stereotypes, and stereotype threats definitions, how they impact the workplace. Unconscious bias: prejudi(cid:272)es that e(cid:454)ist i(cid:374) a perso(cid:374)"s (cid:373)i(cid:374)d a(cid:374)d (cid:271)eha(cid:448)iours (cid:449)ithout their a(cid:449)are(cid:374)ess. Stereotype: a widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing, including their abilities, beliefs, behaviours, etc. Stereotype threat: the risk of u(cid:374)derperfor(cid:373)i(cid:374)g (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause of stereot(cid:455)pes that (cid:455)ou k(cid:374)o(cid:449) other"s hold for your group (gender, race, sexuality, religion, etc. )

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers