BIOL 1090 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Kinetochore, Oogenesis, Sporophyte

19 views3 pages

Document Summary

March 05, 2014 n number of chromosomes = the haploid state. Meiosis i: prophase i: leptonema chromosomes, each consisting of two sister chromatids, begin to condense prophase i: zygonema: homologous chromosomes begin to pair. Prophase i: pachnema homologous chromosomes are fully paired prophase i: diplonema homologous chromosomes separate, except at chiasmata. Pairing of homologous chromosomes is called synapsis and is often facilitated by formation of a synaptonemal complex. Prophase i: ppachynema homologous chromosomes are fully paired. Crossing over involves breakage of chromatids and the exchange of broken pieces between homologous chromosomes. (non-sister chromatids) Following crossing over, homologous chromosomes start to pull apart, but remain joined at the cross over junctions (called chiasmata) The cell division in meiosis i is also called a reduction division. prophase i: diakinesis paired chromosomes condense further and become attached to spindle fibres metaphase i paired chromosomes align on the equatorial plane in the cell.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers