BIOL 1020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Atomic Theory, Scientific Theory, Pesticide Resistance

53 views5 pages

Document Summary

Change in the characteristics of a population of organisms that occurs over the course of generations. Group of individuals of the same species: often isolated by geography, variation in traits within population. Scientific theory: statement providing the current best explanation of how the universe works: supported by many lines of evidence, withstands repeated experimental tests. Hypothesis: a possible explanation for an observation: sensible, testable, falsifiable. Theory of evolution: all species present on earth today are descendants of a single common ancestor and all species represent the product of millions of years of accumulated evolutionary change. Modern animals, plants, fungi, bacteria, and other living things are related. Living things, through various processes, have been diverging from a common ancestor since life originated. Theory of common descent: all life shares a common ancestor. Branches that stop before the end have gone extinct. I was convinced that my father would leave me property .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers