SOWK 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Enuresis, Anorgasmia, Acute Stress Reaction

91 views17 pages

Document Summary

The social work profession promotes social change, problem solving in human relationships, and the empowerment and liberation of people to enhance well-being. Utilising theories of human behavior and social systems, social work intervenes at the points where people interact with their environments. Principles of human rights and social justice are fundamental to social work. I love listening and seeing people happy makes me happy. I like solving problems and i love communicating with people. I love interacting with people and getting to know people on a personal level, i want to know all about peoples diverse backgrounds. Scientific study of human mind and behavior. Focus on social factors, relationships between clients, staff, etc. Consult, facilitate, plan, empower, monitor, advocate, broker, convene, mediate, coach, a(cid:272)ti(cid:448)ate, trai(cid:374), tea(cid:272)h, resear(cid:272)h, (cid:272)ou(cid:374)sel, li(cid:374)k . Phases of practice: pre-meeting, engagement-tuning in and connecting, intervention-work, termination. Or: engagement, assessment, planning, implementation, evaulation, termination, follow-up.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers