MKTG 317 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Microbrewery, Cloud Computing, Intangibility

46 views13 pages
28 Feb 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Can also be used to look at industries, specific products, and brands. Market introduction: when products are introduced into the market, sales are low, profits are negative. Market growth: stage where more people buy the product, more competitors enter the marketplace, streamline your processes, add new styles, flavours, where you start making profit, i. e. smartphones, tablets, craft beer. Market maturity: sales are relatively flat and stable, most products in the marketplace are in the maturity stage, i. e. milk, eggs, bread, shoes, automobiles. Sales decline: people are buying less, profits are nil, products near the end of their life, i. e. flip phones, dvds, companies can force their own products into decline (by introducing new products) No foreseeable future where you see a drop in sales. Products that move up and down very fast i. e. wheelies. Things that were popular and are still available; dropping sales i. e. crocs. Clothes i. e. for beef when mad cow scare comes and goes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers