INDG 201 Lecture 10: UNDRIP

89 views7 pages

Document Summary

Un drip: objective: gain insight and understanding of indigenous people in the context of international human rights, part 1: undrip (united declaration of rights of indigenous peoples, precursors to undrip, shift in international relations. Shift in international relations: golden rule: sovereignty of states over domestic affairs, pre (cid:1005)(cid:1013)(cid:1004)(cid:1004) shift: (cid:858)i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)atio(cid:374)al(cid:859) = state to state i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)tio(cid:374)s. Indigenous activism brought the topic of indigenous rights from the informal agenda to a major declaration. Transnational indigenous rights activism: national congress of american indians (1944) International working group for indigenous affairs (1968: national indigenous organization of colombia (1971) World council of indigenous peoples (1974: george manual. First council of indigenous peoples: first trasnational pan- indignenous people right ngo, george manuel, chief of former b. c. Chiefs and the national indian brotherhood (nib: nib now assembly of first nations, consultative ngo-status in un for undrip, various groups in un would come for feedback (cid:858)i(cid:374)dige(cid:374)eity(cid:859) (cid:449)hats i(cid:374) the (cid:374)a(cid:373)e.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers