PSYC 356 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Differential Diagnosis, Narrative Therapy, Jenga

36 views19 pages

Document Summary

What do you do: what would you want, to know why i"m there, to feel comfortable. My parents thinks something wrong with me and they have to bring me somewhere to fix it. Consider impact of kid coming for therapy. Meaning of symptoms changes depending on age: normative manifestations of fear, early childhood (3-5): fear of animals, dark, and imaginary creatures are common. School avoidance at age 6 vs age 13. Referral issues tend to occur in most children: sadness, concentration difficulties, demanding attention, disobedience. Psychodiagnostic assessment: what"s the diagnosis, using structured or semi-structured interviews. Booklets/some of done on computer with are a series of questions and you just follow the instructions in the booklet to arrive at a diagnosis: can use self-report questionnaires as well for parents or teachers. Psychoeducational assessment: intelligence and achievement testing, areas of strength and weakness, mainly is a quantative assessment.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers