PSY 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Capilano Suspension Bridge, Polygraph, Interpersonal Attraction

95 views13 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 3: chapter 11 emotion and motivation: what moves us. Gain an appreciation of the importance of emotion in human life. Understand the functions and meanings of emotion in three areas of life: the intrapersonal, interpersonal, interpersonal, and social cultural. Give examples of the role and function of emotion in each of the three areas described. Emotions are mental states or feelings associated with our evaluation of our experiences. Emotions are initiated by physiological arousal, expressive behaviour, and mental experiences. Physiological arousal: increase in blood pressure, body temp rises. Expressive behaviour: your facial expression might change, cross your arms. Mental experience: you attribute his action to him being an a-hole. I(cid:373)agi(cid:374)e that (cid:455)ou(cid:859)(cid:448)e (cid:271)ee(cid:374) (cid:449)aiti(cid:374)g i(cid:374) li(cid:374)e i(cid:374) the (cid:272)old for (cid:1006) hours for (cid:272)o(cid:374)(cid:272)ert ti(cid:272)kets. You watch some guy get out of a nice, warm car, and cut into the line ahead you to join his friends.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers