LAW 529 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Alcoholism, Congenital Disorder, Clinical Urine Tests

44 views8 pages

Document Summary

This case involved a female firefighter who, after 3 successful years on the job, was terminated after she failed to meet one aspect of a new physical fitness test imposed by the employer. The test results were modelled on the average time of male fire fighters. To establish this, the employer must show that it was impossible to accommodate the individual or group without creating undue hardship for itself. Re(cid:272)og(cid:374)izes the (cid:862)i(cid:374)he(cid:396)e(cid:374)t dig(cid:374)it(cid:455) a(cid:374)d the e(cid:395)ual a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)alie(cid:374)a(cid:271)le (cid:396)ights of all (cid:373)e(cid:373)(cid:271)e(cid:396)s of the hu(cid:373)a(cid:374) fa(cid:373)il(cid:455)(cid:863) a(cid:374)d provides for equal rights and opportunities without discrimination to create a climate of understanding and mutual respect. As a statement of principles (i. e. not rules-based), the preamble (i. e. As a statement of principles (i. e. not rules-based), the preamble (i. e. preface) does not contain specific legislative requirements. Ontario law (e. g. esa), the code prevails unless the other law specifically states that it applies despite the code.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers