ENG 104 Lecture 1: First Week

227 views1 pages
Short Stories and gender issues
Liig y herself as’t a optio for a oe.
Chopin and gilman tells stories about wo
e’s hidde lies:
What does a home mean for this character: home is a prison, symbol of marriage and traped in,
downstairs in home where receive guest
Her room private place, window in the room she realises she can look out side from her privacy, going in
her room free instead of going out to get freedom. Deeper in her room where is like prison, grow more
awareness
Climax in the story?
When dad has return she dies, conflict: her desire for freedom vs against reality. When she realizes she
is ok with her, open the window, free free free.
5. The thee of oe’s idepedee
What do we learn about Mr. Mallard?
Relationship between them?
Why she is happy that he is dead?
Woman place in the home, belives,
Where women should feel comfortable (in their home? In their role, house wife?,
Narrator:
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Li(cid:448)i(cid:374)g (cid:271)y herself (cid:449)as(cid:374)"t a optio(cid:374) for a (cid:449)o(cid:373)e(cid:374). Chopin and gilman tells stories about wo (cid:373)e(cid:374)"s hidde(cid:374) li(cid:448)es: What does a home mean for this character: home is a prison, symbol of marriage and traped in, downstairs in home where receive guest. Her room private place, window in the room she realises she can look out side from her privacy, going in her room free instead of going out to get freedom. Deeper in her room where is like prison, grow more awareness. When dad has return she dies, conflict: her desire for freedom vs against reality. When she realizes she is ok with her, open the window, free free free: the the(cid:373)e of (cid:449)o(cid:373)e(cid:374)"s i(cid:374)depe(cid:374)de(cid:374)(cid:272)e.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers