PSYC 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Sympathetic Nervous System, Cortisol

34 views6 pages
salmonllama211 and 39398 others unlocked
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
PSYC 100 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
65 documents

Document Summary

A psychological & physiological reacion that occurs when perceived demands exceed exising resources to meet those demands. Common thoughts: not being able to cope with what is asked of us, if there"s one more thing on my plate, i"m not sure what i"m going to do . Stress refers to the events stressors as well as experiences in response to these events stress response. Stressors vary widely: can be acute (exams approaching) or chronic (extensive family issues, can afect performance posiively or negaively. Despite the good things atached to marriage and weddings, it can sill be seen as stress, which goes to show how stress can afect performance posiively or negaively. In the scale, the higher the raing on your scale, the greater you are at risk for potenial physiological concerns: the physiological response to stress occurs throughout our whole body. When you are confronted with a threat, there is a set of physiological responses to this threat.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers