POLS 110 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Harm Principle, Classical Liberalism, Economic Liberalism

13 views3 pages

Document Summary

Clusters/composites of political beliefs, values and ideas. A pattern of social, political, economic, technological, and philosophical beliefs that help us organize the world around us. -mccullough and depner, p. x. Grounded in beliefs about human nature and social possibility (what is, and what could be) Inform social relations-who are my allies? my enemies? what is my relationship to others in this? etc. Composite- combining a range of beliefs and meanings. Views of human nature and interaction usually central. Including changes in central concepts (meanings) and also in relation of concepts to other concepts (e. g. relationship of freedom to equality) Include core (primary) and adjacent (secondary) concepts. Prescriptive/operational. prescribes certain ways you should live and behave. In various affinities/alliances with each other (historically shifting) Include a spectrum of views (often overlapping with other ideologies) Frequently claim to be true, to be non-ideological this week"s homework assignment . Visual depiction shows effort to reduce ideological positions to a point on a grid.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers