CLST 203 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Katabasis, Trojan War, Aeaea

28 views7 pages

Document Summary

Driven to egypt for several years with helen. Lesser ajax: ajax rips cassandra from the statue of athena in a temple, raped and enslaved, zeus hits him with a thunderbolt and kills him. (cid:862)tell me, o muse, of that man of many ways (polytropos), who traveled far and wide after he had sacked the famous town of troy. He visited many cities, and became acquainted with the manners and customs of many nations. Tell me, too, about all these things, o daughter of zeus, from whatever source you may k(cid:374)o(cid:449) the(cid:373). (cid:863) Odyssey: questions: what are the heroic qualities of odysseus, identity (individual, communal) Sojourn on phaeacia (9-12: odysseus tells of travels) Odysseus returns ithaca, frees his house of suitors. Lotus-eaters: eat the pla(cid:374)t a(cid:374)d you(cid:859)ll (cid:449)a(cid:374)t to stay there fore(cid:448)er, (cid:271)lissful amnesia. (cid:862) o they (cid:449)e(cid:374)t a(cid:449)ay, a(cid:374)d i laughed i(cid:374)(cid:449)ardly at the success of my cleverness. Calls himself nobody so he can survive.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers