BIOL 103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Coeliac Disease, Peptide, Pepsin

42 views2 pages

Document Summary

Acid chyme passes into s. i. where there is a large number of digestive enzymes produced by the (i) intestinal glands (found in cells lining intestine), (ii) pancreas, (iii) liver. The signal for the activation of these enzymes is the acid ph of the chyme. (i) Intestinal glands: produces proteases = enterokinase, aminopeptidase, dipeptidase; maltase (whose substrate is maltose) maltose is hydrolyzed into glucose (endpoint of digestion simple sugar is absorbed) (ii) Pancreas: -increase ph (done by bicarbonate ions), produces proteases = carboxylpeptidase, trypsin, chymotrypsin, elestase and other enzymes. Pancreas produces trypsin, which hydrolyzes lysine and arginine on carboxyl side. Ala-his-gly + tyr-ahr-lys + his-ser-arg + gly-asp-his-thr-gly-gly + phe. Pancreas also produces chymotrypsin, which recognizes c side of tyrasine, phe, trp, leu, and (cid:373)et (cid:894)*do(cid:374)"t have to (cid:373)e(cid:373)orize a. a. (cid:895) Also elastase, c side for ala, lys, val. Trypsinogen = enterokinase (made by intestinal glands) => zymogen form of trypsin. These enzymes are called endoproteases (as they hydrolyze within protein)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers