CANS 406 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Sodium Bicarbonate

45 views1 pages
The Case for Shylock
Technicalities:
-Blood and flesh are inextricable you cannot have muscle tissue (flesh) without blood flow
-The blood makes the flesh as much as the flour makes the bread
-Muscle and fat have specific weights based on size thus, in measuring according to these weight to
size ratios, we can accurately measure our and withdraw no more, no less than a pound.
-It is’t ude, it is the fulfilet of a illigly siged otact
-If a ak seizes all you assets due to you det, ad you suseuetly die, it’s ot ude –
similarly, the fulfillment of this contract is separate from whatever consequences arise following
it
-Antonio willingly signed a contract that stipulated flesh would be taken from his heart, and
therefore accepted any consequences that would arise from it
-When you sign a contract with strict stipulations, there are always implicit consequences,
whether it is a work contract or this one
-Refusing and preferring the terms of the agreed upon bond is his right
-The shedding of Christian blood was understood as a given by Antonio when he willingly signed the
contract
-The specific term flesh intrinsically includes blood if the bond had outlined bread, would you have
given us a mixture of egg and baking soda? Would you leave out the flour? No, respecting the specific
te ead ould iole akig a ead ith all the igediets. All the igediets of flesh ilude
blood. Without blood, it is not flesh. Therefore respecting the strict terms of our bond would require
giving us everything that composes the flesh.
-He went back on the bond after being denied representation, and misjudged in court
-You’e ot spaig his life if the judget as isled
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Blood and flesh are inextricable you cannot have muscle tissue (flesh) without blood flow. The blood makes the flesh as much as the flour makes the bread. Muscle and fat have specific weights based on size thus, in measuring according to these weight to size ratios, we can accurately measure our and withdraw no more, no less than a pound. It is(cid:374)"t (cid:373)u(cid:396)de(cid:396), it is the fulfil(cid:373)e(cid:374)t of a (cid:449)illi(cid:374)gly sig(cid:374)ed (cid:272)o(cid:374)t(cid:396)act. If a (cid:271)a(cid:374)k seizes all you(cid:396) assets due to you(cid:396) de(cid:271)t, a(cid:374)d you su(cid:271)se(cid:395)ue(cid:374)tly die, it"s (cid:374)ot (cid:373)u(cid:396)de(cid:396) similarly, the fulfillment of this contract is separate from whatever consequences arise following it. Antonio willingly signed a contract that stipulated flesh would be taken from his heart, and therefore accepted any consequences that would arise from it. When you sign a contract with strict stipulations, there are always implicit consequences, whether it is a work contract or this one.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers