PHIL 2805 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Conscientious Objector, Involuntary Euthanasia, Morphine

16 views5 pages

Document Summary

Phil 2805 lecture 20 november 19, 2020 euthanasia part i. [dax"s case: good death/ bad death, key terms and distinctions, rachel"s argument against the active/ passive distinction, brock"s argument for voluntary active euthanasia. This case happened during the 1970s, when paternalism is recognized, and discussion are being made. Thus, this euthanasia case brought about a lot of arguments and confusion as to whether dax should be allowed to die. At this point, we should do a competence test. I think they should have respected the request but then taken the time to explain exactly what his prospects were stems from concern of understanding and knowing about the alternatives. I think the physicians should have discussed the treatment with him, then let him choose whether to pursue treatment or not. As soon as they have the opportunity to discuss with him and go through the informed consent procedure, they ought to do so.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers