PSYC 3302 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Positive Psychology, Nicotine Dependence, Psychological Science

16 views5 pages

Document Summary

)-why is it difficult to study and define resilience: consider many dimensions of mental health, someone going though divorce may be smiley and cheery throughout the day but experience extreme sadness at night. [note: there is some debate about the statistical procedures that produce the 68%: example: challenge of inequality, from midus large, longitudinal data set, ses and health, generally an average linear relationship, pwb (e. g. , mastery/control) buffers for lower ses. I can do just about anything i really set my mind to. : subjective health. Its tho ones who have experiences some adverse events: other evidence - older people often recover more quickly than kids, post- traumatic growth, example: I have a greater sense of closeness with others"": personal strength. I have a greater feeling of self-reliance"": new possibilities. I am able to do better things with my life"": appreciation of life. I can better appreciate each day"": spiritual change.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers