PSYC 3301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Mental Image, Long-Term Memory, Stress Management

102 views4 pages

Document Summary

Incidence of the use of imagery: 99% of canadian olympians use imagery, successful athletes use imagery more than less accomplished athletes, and with higher imagery skill. Effects on performance: effects on enhaning performance (hall et al. , 1998; martin et al. , 1999, yes imagery can have positive effects on performance. Can imagery hurt performance: positive and negative images, timing of positive and negative images, training can help us to control thoughts and images, creating a mental blueprint for perfect responses. Imagery can have a negative effect on performance if. Psyc 3301 sports psychology: consider threats to concentration, use image to consider situations in which you might lose concentration. Conceptual model of imagery (allan paivio-1998: 5 basic types of imagery. Specific n o i t a c i l p p. I (image itself: s (somatic response, m (meaning of the image) Psyc 3301 sports psychology: self awareness: the ability to promote the awareness of what you are.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers