PSYC 2301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Negative Affectivity, Social Psychology, Health Belief Model

12 views3 pages

Document Summary

Symptom recognition: (cid:498)i think i"m starting to get sick i can just feel it(cid:499, narrow window where you can delay sickness, 1. Depressed, anxious and these things depress immune. Hypochondriacs, neuroticism (cid:498) i have cancer(cid:499) go to worst case. When you"re happy, sickness is often low but when it"s. December, it"s cold outside and you have exams and are stressed you"re sick. Certain cultures focus on sickness while others scold talking system so get sick easier: 2. Some european cultures are open about complaining and overall talking about illness. Some asian cultures have the attitude that you have to suck it: 3. They learn new diseases every week and start to think: 4. Illness representation (or schema: a patient"s own implicit common sense beliefs about their illnesses, what do you know about the disease/symptoms, five distinct components of illness schemas include.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers