PSYC 2100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: List Of Prison Break Characters, Self-Perception Theory, 18 Months

32 views4 pages

Document Summary

The self is a highly complicated concept. to self. recognize their self: endless ways one can describe themselves, cannot trace down one specific area of the brain which corresponds. Experience of self: children as early as 18 months can begin to. William james" idea of self: the self has two parts, the i and me : the i self is the subjective self or self-experiences, the me self is the objective/descriptive self. These include a collection of statements contributing to the description of yourself. (ex: i am tall, i am kind) The 3 parts of the self: self knowledge: the ability to be self-aware. Enabling ourselves to develop beliefs and values about ourselves. It provides you with the ability to be proud of yourself or ashamed of yourself: where does self-knowledge come from = looking glass self, Introspection, social comparison, self perception: interpersonal self: allows us to socially connect with other individuals. The self that we portray to the public.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers