PSY4111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 26: Freudian Slip, Libido, Sexual Repression

57 views5 pages

Document Summary

William james when two people meet there are six present. There is the man as he sees himself, each as the other person see him, and each man as he really is. 14th century first appeara(cid:374)(cid:272)e of the (cid:449)ord (cid:862)perso(cid:374)ality(cid:863), (cid:449)as i(cid:374)(cid:272)reasi(cid:374)gly asso(cid:272)iated (cid:449)ith i(cid:374)di(cid:448)iduality until the 20th century when it was associated with charm and charisma. Psychological differences between people; o thought o emotion o behaviour. Encompasses underlying psychological mechanisms; o funder (cid:862)a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual(cid:859)s (cid:272)hara(cid:272)teristi(cid:272) pattern of thought, emotion and behaviour, together with the psychological mechanisms hidden or not (cid:271)ehi(cid:374)d those patter(cid:374)s(cid:863) The trait approaches basically describes how people differ psychological, determine which features are important and how to conceptualise and measure such differences. Genetic approaches we inherit some personality, genes + environment, evolution has helped traits. About becoming the best person we can be. Personality is caused by rewards, punishments and expectations in life.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers